Sunday, February 17, 2013

The week in preview and "You think you know Rice Krispie treats? Try these."

I couldn't resist sharing this Rice Krispie treat recipe.  I made these for the favor at Ruby's 7th birthday party.  They are just as easy as the usual ones, but impossible as it may be to believe, are so much better.  The trouble is that I can't stop eating them.  The chocolate on top signals "These are not your Average Joe Rice Krispie Treats".


Not your Average Joe Rice Krispie Treats

3 T butter
1 bag (10 oz) marshmallows
1/2 cup white chocolate chips.  Or use 3 oz of Bakers white chocolate (my personal favorite)
1/2 t salt.  Or a little bit more (also my favorite)

Melt together over medium heat stirring often
Off heat add

1/4 t vanilla
5 cup Rice Krispies

Press into a pan to desired thickness.  Thinner treats in a 9x13 pan, thicker treats in a 9x9 pan.
Once cool drizzle with 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate.  I haven't tried it, but a white chocolate drizzle may be spectacular here too.

You can double their price at the next bake sale.

The week in preview

Sunday and Monday:  Vegetarian lasagna.  I use mushrooms instead of burger and those oven ready noodles to cut down on time.
Tuesday and Wednesday:  I will put a bunch of chicken breasts in the slow cooker on Tuesday with a little salt, pepper and a 1/2 chicken broth.  The key here is not cooking too long.  Then it will be Chicken Tacos on Tuesday and BBQ chicken sandwiches on Wednesday.
Thursday:  Salmon on a bed of wilted kale and greek couscous.  (greek= feta and cucumbers)
Friday:  My parents are visiting, so we'll do the celebration dinner of steak, broccoli, and mini potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment