Tuesday, February 5, 2013

French dip sliders and spicy sweet potato fries with lime sour cream dip

This quick weeknight dinner was perfect for a little celebration.  Dave was chosen as a "Close contender" for Coulee Parenting Connection Family Favorite Pediatrician!  I am so proud of him.  In just the few years we have been here he has really made an impact.




The french dip was just as good as last time I made it.  This time I bought these cute little ciabatta rolls and we had sliders.

French dip sandwich
2 cups beef broth
1 sliced medium onion
2 cloves garlic
2 T Worcestershire
1 T flour
Mix together in slow cooker
Sprinkle 1.5 lb brisket with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker
Cook on low for 7-8 hrs



I bought the spicy sweet potato fries and made a quick dip.

1 cup sour cream
juice of 1/2 lime
zest of 1/2 lime
dash of kosher salt
Best if it can sit for a while and let the flavors blend

I added a big pile of broccoli on the side.  I like broccoli with a little lime juice.  It neutralizes any bitter taste in the broccoli.  And it turns out that dipping broccoli in lime sour cream is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment