Saturday, January 26, 2013

The week in preview and living prairie style...again.

As you may know I was without a fridge for about three weeks.  It was a bad feeling to open up the freezer and see everything limp and thawed.  But you know what is an even worse feeling?  Turning on the faucet and... no water, not a drop.  Very bad indeed.  We have a well and after some work a few years ago, I just feel that we know our well guy way to well...well.

So last night I improvised, without the time or dish washing ability I usually have, I traded off Baked Cod with Crunchy Lemon Herb Topping for something a bit less dirty dish producing.  Enter salad and hearty bruschetta.


The week in preview

Sunday:  Beef vegetable soup with garlic bread.  Ruby begged for more soup after the black bean soup last week.  So I am feeling a soup week coming on!
Monday:  Left overs with grilled cheese.  I like my grilled cheese with added lettuce at the last minute.  Ruby prefers sliced pickles.
Tuesday:  Thai chicken soup with frozen egg rolls and snap peas.  That's right, I'll buy frozen egg rolls on occasion.  I should really buy some from the local Hmong fund raiser.  They must be good, when they have a sale the parking lot is full!  Anyone else ever do this?
Wednesday:  Slow cooker pork ragu with this fun pasta I picked up at Target.  It is called Fusilli col buco.  Picture long curly spaghetti.  Target is great at having interesting new stuff.  I also bought this amazing gelato that I wish I had never found.
Thursday:  Left over pork ragu with salad.
Friday:  The classic chicken caesar salad.  I love a simple caesar, this is my comfort food.


Buy this at your own risk!  The sea salt caramel blew my mind.  I would venture to say, best store bought dessert ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment